Monday, July 16, 2007

a morning's baking..

Lily and I had a baking morning; somewhere along the way I mentioned that we'd bake some cookies today and so of course, it couldn't be put off until this afternoon, it had to be done this morning. I'd love to be one of those people who can effortly whip up some baked goodies, but I'm not which is why you see two plates of cookies here.
Lily thought we might make some whale and bambi shaped cookie. Luckily I found an appropriate recipe in the marie claire cooking book for vanilla sugar biscuits but I muffed up mixing the mixture (basically I threw every thing in at once instead of doing the sugar, butter and vanilla first) so wasn't quite sure how it would turn out. So while that mixture was in the refridgerator doing whatever it is that it does in there for half an hour, we whipped up some choc chip cookies (also from mc cooking) ~ yummy and almost failsafe LOL
The other mixture was saved with a liberal dash of water and kneading into more of a dough than it's probably meant to be. But they must be nice as Lily ate four and she's not a sweet tooth at all!!!

The state of the kitchen however, was quite dismal. Coconut, flour and licked and squashed uncooked cookies is not a pretty sight. It's scary what a two year can do to a bit of mixture she's meant to be making into a cookie; pretty sure it spent quite a bit of time in her mouth. Needless to say, that one didn't get baked.

1 comment:

I love to read your comments and hear from you, so say hi when you drop in :)