In my post holiday unpacking and cleaning avoidance I've been indulging in a little bit of blog surfing. Oh how I love a good crafty blog... I really think crafty blogs are the besets thing on the www. They're interesting, inspirational and, well...., you probably know all that.
Anyways, the point I'm getting to was that surfing around I noticed a common theme to the knitting blogs I read the most; the end of year yardage tallies and the
planned knits for 2011. So because I'm still avoiding some of the at unpacking and cleaning I thought I would indulge you with my yardage and to knit list.
Yardage knit for 2010:
18, 411 yards (that's nearly 17kms)
or in garment terms, 60 garments!
And you know what? With the exception of a short sleeved cardigan, three scarves, two beanies and a tea cosy; everything else was a kids knit.
so with that in mind my to knit list for 2011 is going to be a little indulgent, a little selfish and a little bit about ME!
(well, as much as knitting from stash will allow it [yes, yes, I'm pretending that I'm attempting to knit from stash again this year... the joke's on me..yes, I know])
hmm, so what would I like to knit for ME? Browsing my Rav queue elicits these suggestions:
1. Whisper Cardigan by Hannah Fettig.
I've wanted to knit this cardigan EVER since it came out. I even have the yarn to do so, some lovely Knittery Merino Lace.... it's just the prospect of balling over 1000 yards of lace weight yarn is a little daunting!!!
2. Kerrera by Gudrun Johnston
Another Cardigan I've had in my queue forever and also have the yarn for. I'm going to knit this in WOOLganics worsted. Just have to decide on the colour; Gondwana or Sangha. Hmm, perhaps the Gondwana and then I could use the Sangha for Gudrun's Shaldar
3. a new winter hat, something slouchy and comfy. maybe Rose Red or ripely.
4. some mitts, not really sure on contenders yet.
5. A little red cardigan; possibly lacy suitable for layering as well as over sundresses. maybe liesl
on the not so selfish front to the list needs to be added:
6. a school cardigan for Lily (Can't stand those horrible fading navy windcheater things that pass for school wear) Just need to find some navy organic yarn?? any suggestions??
7. A couple of skirt designs I'm already itching to get started on.
8. A couple of tops that ditto, I want to whip into shape.
9. Design my first adult garment. I have two contenders here.
10. A beautiful pair of embellished longies with chart from watermellish for Toby. His last pair of longs probably!
and that is it.
i'm sure there will be plenty more.
I wonder if I can crack the 20 000 yard mark.
And just how many garments I'll get made in 2011.
What's on your to knit list?
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad