Saturday, October 10, 2009

bloom

You might remember this picture from a little while ago? It was the first prototype of a new pattern I was working on. A little dress that blooms into a top for a little baby to girl, knit in a lovely 8 ply yarn.


and then I showed you this one, which is the same little bloom but knit on smaller needles and in 4 ply yarn.  yes, that is a boy in a dress, no hiding that fact.


I may have alluded to a few others I was knitting, like this one in Bendigo Woollen Mills Luxury 8 ply.  Lovely colour.


And I showed you some photos of the lovely orange yarn I dyed up to test knit the 10 ply version, which came out looking a little like this. This one is a little longer than the actual pattern as it is knit to a dress length for a four year old rather than a two year as the pattern is for.


And somewhere along the way, I snuck in this one; a dolly sized version.


All up I've knit this pattern seven times.  No there aren't seven different blooms here as I haven't added pictures for them all, just the ones I've managed to get Lily to model and my favs ;)

So why am I telling you all this? Because I have finally released the pattern! Yippee!! I am so pleased to have it finally out there as it was beginning to feel a little like a monkey on my back.

So for the details: the pattern is for three different sizes; small, medium and large.

The pattern range fits from around a 13 inch chest up to a 27 inch chest.  The different sizes are knit with different weight yarns, the small in 4 ply/fingering which I think is just perfect for little bubs; the medium in a 8 ply/dk weight and the large in  a 10ply/worsted weight. 

It is knit from the top-down on circular needles and is completely seamless, so no seams to be sewn, just two ends to weave end on finishing.     The pattern comes with both charts and written instructions for the lace as well as a photo tutorial of a little technique I developed for neat underarm cast offs (those who have knit milo and the re-released rainbow dress will be familiar with this). 

I would recommend it be knit with a yarn that has good memory and elasticity for the best results as the bodice relies on both negative ease and firm ribbing. My yarns of choice are WOOLganics Organic merino 8ply and worsted weight and Bendigo Woollen Mills Luxury in 4ply, 8ply and 10ply.

it will cost you a measly $6. you can buy it here or over on Ravelry or in the ozebaby store when we re-open after our little holiday break.
oh look, that's a bit cheeky really LOL!!!

oh and for a limited time you will also receive the dolly bloom as a bonus pattern, this is the perfect little dress to gift as it fits such a wide range of dolls!!

I hope you like bloom, and if you do knit it. Drop me a link to your pics, I love seeing what other people create from my pattern.

Happy knitting!!!


10 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new release! The Bloom is just beautiful :)

    now if only i had a little girl to knit for.............hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pattern G, your kids are born knitting models especially L

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pattern and that colour in the first photo is divine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY, thats wonderful. I have that same BWM in that colour that is half a MILO.
    Well done on your work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I very much love this pattern, thank you so much for all your hard work :) Have cast on already lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congras on getting the pattern out G :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your latest pattern Tikki - and of course you temptress you, I HAD to buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Talk about setting up for suspense LOL Congratulations on the sense of 'finished' this must bring :) I know there will be endless knitters out there rapt to have another of your creations coming to life on their needles...
    :) and even more rapt recipients of the finished items...
    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yay!! Well done! Another gorgeous pattern. Gosh that photo of Toby cracks me up :) Gee, I'd better keep practising my knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh it looks gorgeous! I'd like to knit myself one!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and hear from you, so say hi when you drop in :)