Tuesday, October 05, 2010

day 5: testing a new pattern

I've just spent the last little while setting up my little private testing forum and granting all my testers access                                               .   Which all means I'm just about to start testing a new pattern.

This one is called Acacia.  It's a two petal pattern that is part of my Australian wildflower collection. It's a pretty quick little knit that looks like this:

            
or if you're feeling a little adventurous, this:


So far I've graded this pattern from sizes 1 -10, suitable for an 8ply/dk weight yarn. It will work with cotton, wool, bamboos, blends; etc.  Just about any yarn composition really.  At the moment I'm knitting a delicious newborn size in 4ply (awwww, uber cute) I thought the baby sizes would be better in a 4ply as the gathering will work better across the bodice in a 4 ply where I can factor in two sets, whereas with an 8ply only one set. Makes sense?

I was thinking about this cute little newborn singlet and wondering if the baby arriving this month at the pint household will be a girl or a boy. What I will be knitting for this little one all depends on the sex!

Anyway, seen as I'm testing all through this month, I'll probably be updating pretty regularly with the progress of this patterns... I'll probably run out of things to talk about otherwise...

6 comments:

  1. Looks wonderfull :) Are you in need for testers or are all spots already filled? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! It looks gorgeous.
    I am very excited about this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. another beautiful pattern to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waiting with bated breath...
    (again, your talent astounds me)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely. Wish I was one of your testers, I love testing patterns, there is something so exciting about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Looking forward to its release - I need to get some on the needles for Miss A for our summer in QLD.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and hear from you, so say hi when you drop in :)