Wednesday, April 08, 2009

sick of the princesses yet?

well you would be excused for being so... how long does the princess phase last for?  

Lily has been patiently asking for ages and ages for me to knit her this princess hat.  She's been pretty patient really, just insistent. I had some yarn set aside to do her some felted ballet slippers so I re-commissioned it for this project.  Of course, I left it until the last minute and was frantically hoping it would be dry in time for her birthday.  Luckily with a bit of warm weather it was.


Pattern:  Felted Wizard and Princess Hat
Yarn:  Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Worsted
Needles: 6.5mm


I love how the felting process takes something floppy like this:
and turns it into this!

9 comments:

  1. she looks like a little gnme in the first pic tik!!! too cute:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh that is just excellent! Not sure if I can be bothered knitting three though :)!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great hat- she looks very pleased with it! (must make you feel good after the leg eating cake episode!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are too much...what a cool princess

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best princess hat ever!
    My favourite part was your hubby telling me how it's not as hard as it looks, whipped up in a day!... he obviously doesn't know about my lack of knitting skills ;) Gorgeous pics xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its gorgeous, definitely fit for a princess

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I've got this in my queue - my daughter loves this too! It is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My little princess turned into a tweenager prototype emo goth at about seven. I look at her standing next to me (aged 10) waring all black. Enjoy it while it lasts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fantasitc gift for a princess - humm - not sure how long this phase lasts - we are only just beginning it here!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and hear from you, so say hi when you drop in :)