Friday, March 09, 2007

Something different...

I'm sitting here scratching my DH's back secretly wanting to get started on my knitting, but he did ball up my hank so really does deserve some attention. This little tease is destined for a little charity auction; I'm planning something familiar and something new ~ something I'm only going to do for Yarns United.

I really love the blue variations in this fabric, the green splotches and the wonderful little lizards ~ I chose this particularly as it reminded me of my little sister Lizard. The wool is a gloriously soft alpaca, interestingly I've recently discovered that it is a fallacy that alpaca is warmer than wool.

This month all proceeds from Yarn Uniteds listings will go to WIRES who help to rescue wildlife in danger. There's going to be some glorious stuff up there this month.



I love this hank, its alpaca too, the colours change from the palest baby pink to a deep cherry pink. Yummo!! I think this would make a beautiful little newborn soaker ~ anyonewant to have a girl so I can knit it up? lol

2 comments:

I love to read your comments and hear from you, so say hi when you drop in :)