Wednesday, November 16, 2011

our favourite boy turns three

The weekend just gone we celebrated a very special birthday, Toby's third birthday!
And what better way to celebrate than to meet up with some cousins and go to the Werribee Open Range Zoo.

Toby is just a wee bit animal obsessed; that and trains are his constant thing, so a day out at the Werribee Zoo is like Nirvana for this little lad. So many animals to see. Our favourites for the day were the lions,


the zebras,


and the giraffes.

Toby and Lily did so love the hippos, but not the real ones so much as the crazy concrete ones that squirt water out of their bums! I think they spent more time there in their undies playing in the water spray than anywhere else!


Here's a photo of the exact moment the milo boy turned three. It's easy to take exact time photos when your birth time is 11:52am. He's pretty pleased with himself as you can see. Just quietly, I'm pretty pleased with him too. He's a charming, gorgeous, extremely funny, sweet little lad who tells me daily "I love Mummy and Daddy and Lil. But best of all I love my family."


The best thing about spending your birthday with your cousins is getting to hang out with Sage, who is just 3 months younger than Toby. These two are mischief together, for sure. Can you tell?  




And of course, the obligatory blowing out the candle shot. This was one very big long and forceful blow for the little boy, but he got all the candles out. Too funny!  It's a very serious business blowing out your candles!

I guess he's really no longer my baby now, hey!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to Toby!
    How gorgeous does he look in that 'birthday moment' shot :))

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and hear from you, so say hi when you drop in :)