Thursday, February 16, 2012

getting cosy

I'm quite fond of a bit of a cosy. Mug cosies. I'm all over them. Hot water bottle cosy. Ditto. Tea cosy. You guessed it.

But just quietly, I think the rest of my life needs a bit of cosy-i-fying. Looking around there are just too many objects in my life that could do with a cosy. I am seriously coveting a tv cosy to cover the ugly black thing in the corner (it's not really even a box anymore, is it?).

And I'm very tempted to craft up a cosy for my bicycle helmet. That would be quite sweet, I think.

And how about a cosy for the swing seat? Or the iPad? Or even a vase cosy or two?

Yes, I think along with the dishcloth domination, 2012 could be the year of the cosy. I've started small. Our peach glut and the impossibility of peaches in the school lunchbox, resulted in a peach cosy.






I'm not sure why I've never made one before! Totally fabulous. Keeps Lily's peach all perfect until fruit time. This will be equally fabulous through winter as an apple cosy too. I suspect I'll need to whip up a pear cosy though, as that's another favourite fruit that is doesn't lunchbox well.




I think it won't be long and every cool kid at her school will be wanting their mum to whip them up a fruit cosy. I mean, how could they not covet this cuteness?

I offered to knit her a sandwich cover cosy next, but I think she's worried about the jealousy this would cause her peers and said no. I can't say I wasn't a wee bit disappointed though...oh well, Toby starts kinder next year. I'm sure he'd love a set of lunchbox cosies.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

4 comments:

  1. YES!!! I am totally into total world cozying.
    I recently did our TV here http://foxslane.blogspot.com.au/2012/01/cozy-crochet.html
    I have never cozied a fruit though.
    Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, I made an apple cosy just like yours. Needless to say I have requests from all the kids at school for one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure if you have noticed (or been told!) but Soulemamas post today features your Cassia pattern! You should be getting plenty of people dropping by your place to see who you are and what you create as a result! It is a beautiful pattern (I am not new to your patterns having knitted the Milo vest a few times which I LOVE!). Thank you for your work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Ann!!! I saw it!! I got a text message from my sister this morning to tell me. It's a bit exciting!

    Thanks so much! I love Cassia, it's one of my favourites. And it's one of Lily's favourites to wear.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and hear from you, so say hi when you drop in :)