Monday, June 13, 2011

making my heart sing..

my sweet little two and their love of wearing knitteds.



Toby will always ask me if I am knitting him a jumper if he sees me knitting something. He also gets very excited when I grab a milo out of the cupboard to put on him. He puts his hands straight up and says excitedly, "A milo!"


I am grateful that Lily still loves wearing knitted garments. Secretly, I think it's because I knit predominantly in dk weight yarn. I think kids find thicker yarn a little more unwieldy and unyielding to wear, which possible turns them off wool. I know anything I've knit her that's thicker generally doesn't get worn by choice.

And my favourite part about their outfits on this lazy Queen's birthday Monday, two cute little pairs of feet:


AND because it's a birthday kind of day, which is always good for presents; how about a little game!
I've played this before on my facebook page and it was fun!

In these photos there are six knitted garments.
Can you name the patterns they come from?

First person to name all six wins their choice of two of my patterns in pdf form.

ETA: links to patterns (as we have winners)

milo by me
I love milo heart cable by me
Ziggy beanie by me (not yet released but in testing)
Epicene by Sheryl Greenfield
Dolce socks by Sheryl Greenfield
Giving Pixie Hat by Theresa Belville


7 comments:

  1. ziggy beanie, milo, epicene, dolce socks, giving pixie hat, admitedly I used the search function on your rav. project page

    ReplyDelete
  2. Milo, ziggy beanie, giving pixie hat, epicene socks, dolce socks, i heart milo cable

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Amy, I think it'd be a bit hard without sussing out my projects!!!


    LOL Emily I think you need a prize as well! I totally forgot the I heart milo cable was a pattern as well!!!

    Can you ladies both please pm me on Rav or email me which two patterns you'd like?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't have been able to guess all the pattern names, but I do know for certain that your two look pretty darn gorgeous in their hand knits.
    Hope your week is a happy one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are so cute. I am still enjoying knitting for Amelia while she will wear them - the test on the needles is in school colours in the hope that she will wear it (she doesnt like the school unifor jumper)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look lovely. I'm so glad they like their knitted clothes.

    My ganddaughter loves the clothes I knit and sew for her but my grandson has always hated them. Not sure why.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pictures... I really love those socks! Makes me want to pull my knitting needles out!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and hear from you, so say hi when you drop in :)